Our juicy salmon fillets are topped with a ground almond and basil pesto crumb then baked in the oven alongside tomatoes on the vine. Served with a side of roasted paprika baby potatoes and fresh green beans.
Cook time: 30 mins
180g green beans
1 red onion
220g baby plum vine tomatoes
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
2 tsp smoked paprika
4 tbsp basil pesto
4 tbsp ground almonds
4 x 130g salmon fillet (skin off)
600g baby white potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / gas mark 7, and boil a kettle.
2. Cut the baby potatoes in half and place in a pan. Cover with boiling water and a pinch of sea salt and boil for roughly 10 mins depending on size, until cooked through. Drain, mix with 1 tbsp oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, peel and slice the red onion. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil on a medium heat. Gently fry the onions for 5 mins until soft, then add the Italian herbs, smoked paprika and season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside for later.
4. In a small bowl add the pesto and ground almonds and mix well. Place the salmon fillets skin side down in a large ovenproof dish. Evenly top each salmon fillet with the pesto crumb, arrange the vine tomatoes around the dish and cook in the oven for 12-15 mins.
5. Meanwhile, fill the saucepan used for the potatoes with boiling water. Trim the green beans then add to the water and boil for around 3-4 mins or until al dente. Drain and season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and add the roasted potatoes to the frying pan with the onion, dried Italian herbs and smoked paprika. Mix well to coat.
7. To serve, place the pesto crumb salmon onto four warm plates alongside the spiced potatoes, green beans and some vine tomatoes.
Macros: 531 calories, 32g carbs, 30g fat, 37g protein
Allergens: Fish, Nuts, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef