This hearty ragù is made by simmering grass-fed beef in Italian tomato passata with sun-dried tomato paste and chestnut mushrooms. Served on hearty sweet potato mash with a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
120g chestnut mushrooms
½ beef stock cube
1 red pepper
1 tsp oil
20g pine nuts
2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
2 x 150g beef mince
300g sweet potato
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with 150ml boiling water.
2. Roughly chop the red pepper and finely slice the mushrooms.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the beef mince for 8 mins until golden brown. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potato into 1cm cubes and place in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 10 mins until softened.
5. Add the red pepper and mushrooms to the beef for 5 mins, then add the passata, sundried tomato paste, beef stock and dried Italian herbs. Simmer for 10 mins, then stir through the spinach.
6. Drain the sweet potato and mash with a potato masher. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
7. Serve the sweet potato mash on two warm plates and spoon over the rich beef bolognese. Sprinkle over the pine nuts.
566 calories • 48g carbs • 25g fat • 41g protein
Allergens: Celery, nuts
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef