The ultimate comfort food, this creamy coconut broth is simmered with fresh lemongrass, ginger and vibrant turmeric. We pour it over a bowl of courgetti and add free-range chicken, baby sweetcorn and mangetout.
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 fresh lemongrass stalk
1 red chilli
1 red onion
1 tsp turmeric
200ml coconut milk
2 tsp oil
2 tsp tamari
2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
4cm fresh ginger
80g baby sweetcorn
Medium handful fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6. Thinly slice the red onion. Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray, sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1 tsp oil. Place the onion alongside on the same baking tray. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the lemongrass, remove the outer layer and finely chop. Trim the baby sweetcorn and slice in half lengthways. Trim the mangetout.
3. Heat a saucepan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat, add the ginger and lemongrass for 2 mins, then stir in the turmeric and add the coconut milk. Simmer gently for 5 mins to allow the ingredients to infuse.
4. Add the baby sweetcorn and mangetout and simmer gently for a further 3-4 mins. Then stir through the juice from the lime and tamari to taste.
5. Meanwhile, remove the ends of the courgettes but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer).
6. Pull the cooked chicken apart with two forks. Thinly slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and roughly chop the coriander leaves.
7. Place the raw courgetti into the pan with the coconut broth and simmer for a few minutes until tender. Add more water to thin the broth if desired. Pour into two warm bowls and top with the shredded chicken, onion, chilli slices and coriander.
572 calories • 25g carbs • 35g fat • 41g protein
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef