These Cajun chicken thighs are smoky, spicy and deliciously crunchy thanks to a coating of ground almonds. Served with refreshing tomato sweetcorn salsa, brown rice and a generous squeeze of lime. Free-range as always!
Time: 30 minutes
100g sweetcorn (drained)
120g cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp Cajun spice
2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
6 tbsp ground almonds
80g brown rice
Medium handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6, and boil a kettle.
2. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins. In the final 2 mins, add the spinach, then drain the brown rice and spinach.
3. Place the ground almonds in a bowl with the Cajun spice and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Put 1 tbsp oil in a separate bowl.
4. Slice the chicken thighs in half and place each piece first into the oil and then into the spiced ground almond mix to lightly coat the chicken. Place the chicken on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through and turning golden.
5. Make the sweetcorn salsa: finely dice the onion, and finely chop the tomatoes and coriander leaves. Drain the sweetcorn. In a small bowl, mix the sweetcorn with the tomatoes, onion, coriander and half of the lime juice.
6. Serve the crispy chicken on two warm plates alongside the brown rice with spinach and the sweetcorn salsa. Drizzle with the remaining lime juice.
613 calories • 48g carbs • 27g fat • 42g protein
Allergens: Mustard, Nuts
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef