We love South of France flavours – such as savoury olive and juicy tomato – and here our twist on classic tuna niçoise combines succulent salmon with crunchy green beans and a dollop of chive-lemon yoghurt.
Cooking time: 30 mins
120g cherry tomatoes
1 tsp oil
2 x 150g salmon fillet (skin on)
30g pitted black olives
400g baby white potatoes
40g mixed salad leaves
80g coconut yoghurt
80g green beans
Handful of fresh chives
1. Boil a kettle. Trim the green beans. Cut the baby potatoes into quarters, place into a saucepan, cover with boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins, then add the green beans and cook for a further 5 mins until the vegetables are tender. Drain and return to the saucepan to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with boiling water, place the eggs into the water and simmer for 6-8 mins. Once the eggs are cooked run under cold water for 1 minute and peel. Cut into quarters.
3. Season the skin of the salmon with sea salt and black pepper. Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the salmon fillets, skin side down for 5 mins, turnover then cook for a further 4-5 mins, until cooked through and turning golden brown. Leave in the pan to keep warm.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes and olives to the saucepan containing the potatoes and green beans, and mix together.
5. To make the chive yoghurt dressing; finely chop the chives and place in a small bowl with the coconut yoghurt and half the juice from the half lemon. Combine and season with sea salt and black pepper.
6. Place the salad leaves on two plates, top with the potatoes, green beans, black olives, cherry tomatoes and egg. Top with the salmon fillets and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice (to taste) and the chive yoghurt dressing.
505 calories • 42g carbs • 27g fat • 32.5g protein
Allergens; Eggs, fish
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef