Free-range chicken thighs are marinated in Thai spices and added to an aromatic ginger and coconut broth with fresh vegetable noodles. We add red Thai curry paste for a rich, punchy kick of fragrant flavour.
Prep time: 30 minutes
1 garlic clove
1 red onion
1 tsp oil
1 vegetable stock cube
200ml coconut milk
2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
4cm fresh ginger
80g baby sweetcorn
Medium handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6, and boil a kettle. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water and stir in just ¾ of the red Thai curry paste.
2. Cut the onion into bite-sized pieces. Place the chicken thighs and red onion on a baking tray and drizzle with ½ tsp oil. Spread the remaining red Thai curry paste over the chicken and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the onions have softened.
3. Peel and finely chop the ginger and garlic. Peel the carrot. Using a peeler, slice the carrot and courgette into thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer).
4. To make the broth; heat a medium-sized pan with ½ tsp oil on a medium heat and add the ginger and garlic, cook for 1 min until softening then pour in the liquid from the jug. Add the coconut milk, baby corn and the juice from half the lime, simmer all together for 10 mins. Add the courgette and carrot noodles to the pan for the last minute to soften.
5. Meanwhile, roughly chop the coriander leaves and add just half to the pan.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove the tray from the oven and add the cooked red onion to the pan. Stir carefully.
7. Thinly slice the chicken. Spoon the vegetable noodles into two warm bowls and pour over the broth. Lay the sliced chicken over the top alongside the remaining lime and chopped coriander.
566 calories • 32g carbs • 32g fat • 38g protein
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef