This succulent salmon is roasted with honey and harissa then served with purple sprouting broccoli, nutty black rice and a sweet and sour mango salsa.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
100g black rice
½ red chilli
180g purple sprouting broccoli
1 red onion
1 red pepper
2 tsp harissa paste
2 tsp honey
2 tsp oil
2 x 150g salmon fillet (skin off)
Medium handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Rinse the black rice and place in a saucepan with 500ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 25-30 mins, then drain.
3. Trim the purple sprouting broccoli and slice in half lengthways.
4. In a small bowl, mix the harissa paste, half of the honey and a pinch of salt. Place the salmon fillets onto a large baking tray, lined with baking paper.
5. Spread the harissa and honey mix evenly over each salmon fillet using a spoon. Place the purple sprouting broccoli beside the salmon. Sprinkle over the broccoli 1 tsp of oil, and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 10 mins, until the salmon is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
5. Meanwhile, make the mango salsa: peel and chop the mango into small cubes, removing the stone. Dice the red pepper, finely dice the half red onion (amount to taste) and finely chop the half red chilli. (Remove the seeds for less heat.) Roughly chop the coriander leaves. Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl with 1 tsp olive oil, the juice of half the lime and a drizzle of the remaining honey. Set aside.
6. Spoon the black rice onto two warm plates and top with the harissa salmon. Serve the mango salsa over the top and the roasted purple sprouting broccoli alongside.
626 calories • 78g carbs • 20g fat • 39g protein
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef