Honey and tamari-glazed chicken is crusted with toasted sesame seeds and served with a mildly spiced curry sauce, brown rice and tenderstem broccoli.
Cook time: 40 mins
160g brown rice
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp tamari
200ml coconut milk
20g white sesame seeds
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp oil
360g tenderstem broccoli
3 tbsp ground almonds
4cm fresh ginger
4 x 170g free-range chicken breast
Large handful of fresh coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ gas mark 7 and boil a kettle.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Place in the oven to roast for 20 mins then set aside and keep warm.
3. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 600ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins then drain.
4. Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the shallot, and grate the garlic and ginger. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and add the shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3-5 mins until softened. Add the curry powder and cook further for a few seconds before adding the coconut milk, then allow to simmer for 5-10 mins until the sauce thickens.
5. Heat a large, dry non-stick pan on a medium heat and add the sesame seeds and ground almonds. Toast for 2-3 mins or until lightly golden then transfer to a plate. To the same pan add the cooked chicken breasts, tamari and honey. Reduce over medium heat until the chicken is sticky (about 2-3 mins), then remove the chicken breasts from the pan and roll in the sesame and almond crumb. Slice thinly.
6. Fill a large pan with boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Place the broccoli into the pan and simmer on a high heat for 3-4 mins or until it is cooked but still retains a slight bite. Drain and season with sea salt and black pepper. Roughly chop the coriander leaves.
7. To serve, spoon the brown rice onto one side of four warm plates. Add the broccoli. Pour the curry sauce onto the other side of each plate and place the sliced chicken over the top. Garnish with the coriander.
608 calories • 56g carbs • 20g fat • 51g protein
Allergens: Celery, Mustard, Nuts, Sesame, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef