A classic take on a pizza. Still gluten-free and vegan, earthy mushrooms with sweet sun-dried tomatoes are served on a buckwheat pizza base topped with a garlic and herb vegan cheese.
Cook time: 30 minutes
120g sundried tomatoes
140g vegan cream cheese with garlic and herbs
240g chestnut mushrooms
250g buckwheat flour
2 baby cucumbers
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp Belazu aged balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp oil
30g pine nuts
400g chopped tomatoes
Medium handful of fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ gas mark 7. Mix the chia seeds with 1 tbsp olive oil and 70 ml luke warm water in a small bowl and leave to stand for 3 mins.
2. Make the pizza dough: add 230g buckwheat flour to a large bowl with a pinch of sea salt. Add 120ml of water (add this slowly – use enough to form a dough) and the chia seed mix, then mix together to form a dough. Use the remaining flour to lightly cover the work surface, then shape into a rectangular size to fit your baking tray (about 2-3mm thick). Place on the baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 5 mins, then flip over and bake for a further 5 mins. Remove from oven while you prepare the toppings.
3. While the pizza base is cooking, peel and finely chop the garlic. Heat a small non-stick pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium heat and add half the garlic. Cook for 1 min, then add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 mins to reduce slightly. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper and set aside to cool.
4. Peel and slice the shallots, thinly slice the mushrooms and finely chop the thyme leaves (remove the stalks). Heat another small non-stick frying pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and add the shallots and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins until golden. Then add the thyme, season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for a further minute. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces
5. Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza base. Scatter the shallot and mushroom mix over the sauce, place half the sun-dried tomatoes and dot with the vegan cream cheese. Cook in the oven for 10-12 mins. Scatter over the pine nuts halfway through cooking time.
6. To make the salad, cut the cucumber into four lengthways and slice at an angle. Mix with the remaining sun-dried tomatoes, rocket and drizzle over the aged balsamic vinegar.
7. To serve, top the pizza with some rocket leaves and cut it into portions. Serve on four warm plates along with a side of salad.
638 calories • 74g carbs • 30g fat • 19g protein
Allergens: Nuts, sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef