Fancy a trip to the south of France? This dish feels like one: savoury olive tapenade joins our juicy, sundried tomato chicken, garlic-dressed green beans and a delicious potato mash.
Time: 30 mins
120g cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
1 vegetable stock cube
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp Belazu black olive tapenade
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
400g baby white potatoes
60g sundried tomatoes
80g green beans
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas mark 6, and boil a kettle.
2. Finely chop the garlic and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Into a bowl, place the tapenade, sun-dried tomatoes and half of the garlic. Combine.
3. Carefully make a cut in the thickest part of each chicken breast to create a pocket (around 5cm long), then stuff each chicken breast equally with the tapenade mix. Drizzle the top of the chicken with ½ tbsp oil and half of the dried Italian herbs, then season with sea salt and black pepper. Place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and put in the oven for 20-25 mins, until cooked through.
4. Make the mash: pour 600ml boiling water into a pan and crumble in the stock cube. Simmer. Meanwhile, leaving the skin on, cut the baby potatoes into quarters. Place the potatoes into the saucepan and simmer for 15-20 mins, until softened.
5. Dice the red onion and trim the green beans, then place into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining garlic, drizzle with ½ tbsp of oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and mix. Place in the oven for 5 mins. Meanwhile, slice the cherry tomatoes in half then also add to the vegetable dish. Cook for a further 10 mins.
6. Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Stir through the spinach to wilt and add the remaining dried Italian herbs. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
7. Spoon the mash onto two warm plates and place the chicken and roasted vegetables alongside.
898 calories • 98g carbs • 33g fat • 57g protein
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef