This quick crumble is sweet, spicy and crunchy. Juicy plums are dusted with cinnamon and baked until soft, then topped with a mix of nuts, gluten-free oats and chia seeds. Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt for pudding perfection
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
4 fresh plums
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground mixed spice
2 tsp desiccated coconut
40g whole oats (gluten-free)
1 tbsp chia seeds
10g flaked almonds
1 tbsp oil
80ml coconut yoghurt (to serve)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. Cut the plums in half, removing the stones and cut each half into 4 slices. Slice the pear into quarters, removing the core and cut each quarter into 3 slices and in half widthways so the pieces of plum and pear are similar-sized. Spread out into an ovenproof dish and pour over 50ml cold water and half of the maple syrup.
3. Sprinkle over half of the cinnamon and all of the mixed spice, stir to combine. Place in the oven for 20 mins until softening.
4. In a bowl, mix together the desiccated coconut, oats, chia seeds, pecans, flaked almonds, remaining cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Then stir in the remaining maple syrup and 1 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil. Combine well.
5. Spread out into a thin layer on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Place in the oven for 15 mins, turning halfway through, until turning golden brown.
6. Spoon the fruit and any remaining liquid into two warm bowls, top with the pecan and chia crumble topping and a dollop of coconut yoghurt. Enjoy while it’s still warm.
497 calories • 48g carbs • 32g fat • 8g protein
Allergens: Nuts, Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef