Roasted peach slices and spiced chickpeas, topped with toasted pecans and a balsamic mustard drizzle. The fruit keeps the salad fresh, while the chickpeas, nuts and avocado make it filling.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
½ tsp ground cinnamon
180g tenderstem broccoli
1 red onion
1 tsp ground cumin
240g chickpeas (drained)
25g pea shoots
2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
40g rocket 4 tsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2. Slice the peach into 10 pieces, removing the stone. Trim the tenderstem broccoli and slice any thick stalks in half lengthways. Place the peach slices and tenderstem on a large baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place the pecans alongside on the same baking tray. Put in the oven for 12 mins or until the tenderstem and peach slices have softened and the pecans are toasted. (Be careful not to burn these).
3. Thinly slice the red onion. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the red onion for 5 mins until softened.
4. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with 1 tsp oil, the ground cumin, ground cinnamon, a pinch of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add the chickpeas to the red onion pan and cook for 5-7 mins until heated through and turning golden.
5. Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice.
6. Make the balsamic mustard dressing: in a small bowl, mix or whisk the aged balsamic, Dijon mustard and 1 tsp olive oil with a pinch of black pepper.
7. Place the rocket and pea shoots on two plates and top with the roasted peach slices, tenderstem, red onion, spiced chickpeas and slices of avocado. Sprinkle over the toasted pecans and drizzle over the balsamic mustard dressing.
565 calories • 68g carbs • 30g fat • 18g protein
Allergens: Mustard, Nuts, Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef