These tender salmon fillets have a delicious golden crust. Get stuck in with gluten-free noodles, crisp veggie ribbons and a moreish honey miso dressing
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
2 tsp black sesame seeds
2 tsp white sesame seeds
2 x 150g salmon fillet (skin off)
½ tbsp oil
120g buckwheat noodles
2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
2 tsp honey
1 red chilli, sliced (deseed for less heat)
1. To make the vegetable ‘noodles’, peel the carrots and trim the ends off and the half cucumber. Using a peeler, slice the carrots and cucumber into long thin ribbons.
2. Next, mix the black and white sesame seeds together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt. Coat the salmon fillets in the seed mix and press into the salmon so the sesame seeds form a single layer over the fillets on all sides.
3. Heat a frying pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the salmon fillets for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through and they’re turning golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, boil a kettle. Pour 500ml boiling water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then add the buckwheat noodles with a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 5 mins (stirring to prevent sticking). Once cooked, rinse briefly in cold water and set aside.
5. To make the dressing, mix the juice from the lime with the sweet miso paste and the honey.
6. In a large bowl, mix the vegetable ‘noodles’ and the buckwheat noodles with the dressing.
7. Divide between two bowls and top with the sesame crusted salmon and the sliced chilli.
600 calories • 67g carbs • 19g fat • 41g protein
Allergens: Fish, Sesame, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef