A refreshing salad of shredded free-range chicken with fresh cucumber, mint and coriander. Served warm with brown rice noodles, dressed with a sweet and sour chilli, lime and sesame dressing.
Time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 people
100g brown rice noodles
½ red chilli
1 baby cucumber
1 lime1 tsp oil
2 spring onions
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari
2 tsp honey
2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
80g sugar snap peas
Medium handful of fresh coriander
Medium handful of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / gas mark 7, and boil a kettle. Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 20-25 mins, until golden and cooked through.
2. Pour boiling water into a large saucepan until three quarters full, bring to the boil and plunge the brown rice noodles into the pan. Remove from heat and leave to soften for 10 mins, then drain and rinse. Add the noodles to a large mixing bowl and stir through half of the sesame oil to prevent sticking. Leave to one side.
3. Place the sugar snap peas in a small bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to blanch for 10 mins.
4. To make the spicy dressing; finely chop half of the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and cut the lime in half. In a small bowl, add the chilli, tamari, remaining sesame oil, honey and the juice from half of the lime.
5. Roughly chop the mint and coriander, then dice the cucumber. Thinly slice the spring onion and remaining half of the chilli. Drain the sugar snap peas and cut in half lengthways. To the noodles, add the cucumber, sugar snap peas, mint, coriander and half of the spring onion. Pour over half of the dressing and mix.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and shred into strips using two forks.
7. To serve, divide the noodles between two warm plates. Place the shredded chicken on top of the noodles, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the remaining spring onion and red chilli slices. Serve with the remaining half lime.
604 calories • 50g carbs • 29g fat • 40g protein
Allergens: Sesame, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef