Paella spice-infused rice with courgette and spinach, topped with a citrus-roasted cod and slow-roasted cherry tomatoes.
Time: 40 minutes
160g baby spinach
160g brown rice
180g cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
1 tbsp paella spice mix
1 vegetable stock cube
2 red peppers
2 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves
4 tbsp sundried tomato paste
500g diced cod fillet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6, and boil a kettle.
2. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 600ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked through, then drain and set aside.
3. Peel and finely dice the red onion and grate the garlic. Dice the red peppers and the courgettes into bite-sized pieces.
4. Heat a large non-stick pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion and peppers for 5 mins until softened. Add the garlic and courgette and continue to cook for another minute. Add the paella spice mix, sun-dried tomato paste and vegetable stock, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins. Add the baby spinach to the pan and wilt, followed by the cooked brown rice. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then set aside to keep warm.
5. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and zest the lemon. Place the diced cod on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, along with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil, the lemon zest and the juice from half the lemon. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 8-10 mins.
6. To serve, spoon the brown rice onto four warm plates and top with the cod and tomatoes. Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the top if desired.
495 calories • 51g carbs • 17g fat • 36g protein
Allergens: Celery, Fish
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef