Creamy tahini aubergine, seared grass-fed steak, crunchy green salad – this flavour-packed dish shows you don’t need ages to whip up an impressive, exciting dinner. It’s all ready in 10 minutes.
Cook time: 10 mins
120g cherry tomatoes
1 baby cucumber
1 tbsp oil
240g chickpeas (drained)
2 tbsp tahini
2 tsp rose harissa paste
2 x 150g flat iron steak
4tbsp aubergine mezze
Medium handful of fresh coriander
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Season the steaks on both sides with sea salt and place in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 mins each side for medium rare or 4-5 mins each side for well done.
2. Halfway through the cooking of the steak, add the chickpeas and the harissa and cook for 5-10 mins. Remove the steaks from the pan and leave to rest on a plate for a few mins before slicing.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the tahini, aubergine mezze, juice from half the lemon and 2 tbsp cold water. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Slice the cucumber into bite-sized pieces, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and mix all these with the rocket.
5. Finely chop the coriander leaves and add to the chickpeas towards the end of cooking time.
6. To serve, spoon the aubergine dip onto two warm plates, top with the sliced steak and harissa chickpeas. Serve with a side of the salad.
622 calories, 51g protein, 30g fats, 26g carbs
Allergens: Sesame, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef