Our pork comes from outdoor-reared heritage pigs, which gives these meatballs a deeper, more complex flavour than you’d get from standard mince. We add lemongrass and Asian aromatics to create a delectable coconut soup.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
120g chestnut mushrooms
½ tbsp oil
1 fresh lemongrass stalk
1 red chilli
1 vegetable stock cube
200ml coconut milk
2 x 150g pork mince
4cm fresh ginger
1. Finely slice the mushrooms and trim the mangetout.
2. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
3. Peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the ends of the lemongrass, discard the outer layer and finely chop. Finely slice half of the red chilli and finely chop the remaining half (remove the seeds for less heat).
4. Mix the ginger, lemongrass and chopped chilli in a bowl with the pork mince and season with sea salt and black pepper. Form into 16 small balls.
5. Boil a kettle. Heat a large pan with ½ tbsp oil on a medium heat and fry the pork meatballs for 15 mins, turning frequently, until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, dissolve the vegetable stock cube in a jug with 200ml boiling water and add to a saucepan with the coconut milk.
7. Bring to the boil and add the mangetout, mushrooms, courgetti and sliced chilli. Simmer for 3 mins.
8. Spoon the coconut soup and vegetables into two warm bowls and top with the meatballs and the juice from the lime.
484 calories • 18g carbs • 29g fat • 39g protein
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef