This is a recipe I got from my midwife Alison. It’s a really easy cheesecake to make – I couldn’t get enough of it when Reggie was born and I needed a sugar fix to help me tackle my sleep deprivation. It’s still a favourite in our house, so I hope you enjoy it, too!
200g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
250g digestive biscuits
85g melted butter
300ml double cream
100g caster sugar
500g cream cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the blueberries and sugar in a pan with 175ml of water. Gently heat until the sugar dissolves and then simmer for 7 mins.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the cornflour with the remaining water and stir into the blueberries. Simmer for 3 minutes and then strain through a sieve and leave to cool.
3. Next, crush the biscuits in a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir well to combine and press down into a spring-form tin.
4. Whip the cream and sugar together and then add the cream cheese, lemon zest and vanilla extract making sure everything is combined. Fold in half the blueberry syrup.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base and pop in the fridge to chill for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
6. Serve with some fresh blueberries.