Bring some Mediterranean vibes to your plate with this easy red pesto-coated butter bean salad. The combination of textures from the artichokes, avocado, sundried tomatoes and pumpkin seeds is delicious
Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
1 tsp olive oil
240g butter beans (drained)
2 tbsp red pesto
40g sundried tomatoes, cut in half
80g artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
120g green beans, trimmed
For the dressing:
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp pumpkin seeds
1. Heat a small pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and add the butter beans with the red pesto. Stir well and cook for 2 mins. Then add the sundried tomatoes and artichokes and season. Cook for a further 3 mins.
2. Meanwhile, place the green beans into a steamer and cook for 4-6 mins until tender. Drain well.
3. Peel and de-stone the avocado and cut into small slices.
4. To make the dressing mix together the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
5. Place the rocket on two plates and top with the green beans, avocado slices and warm red pesto butter beans. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and drizzle over the dressing.
447 calories • 37g carbs • 28g fat • 13g protein
Allergens: Nuts, Soya, Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef