This Asian-inspired salmon is topped with grated ginger, tamari and lime and baked until delicately fragrant. Served with heritage cherry tomatoes, crisp mangetout and brown rice, it's an ideal weeknight dish.
Time: 15 minutes
120g heritage cherry tomatoes
½ tsp red chilli flakes
1 tbsp tamari
250g steamed brown basmati rice
2 spring onions
2 tsp honey
2 x 150g salmon fillet (skin removed)
4cm fresh ginger
4 tsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
2. Place the salmon fillets on a large baking tray. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Place in the oven for 5 mins.
3. Meanwhile, trim the mangetout. To make the ginger and lime sauce, peel and grate the ginger. Place the ginger in a small bowl and mix in the red chilli flakes, tamari, honey, the juice from the lime and 1 tbsp oil.
4. Remove the baking tray from the oven and pour only half of the ginger sauce over the salmon fillets and place the mangetout alongside on the same baking tray. Place back in the oven for a further 5-10 mins until the salmon is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, thinly slice the spring onions, removing the root end. Heat a small frying pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the spring onions for 2 mins. Add the pre-cooked brown rice with 1 tbsp cold water. Season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through.
6. Cut the heritage cherry tomatoes in half.
7. Place the rocket on two plates, top with the cooked brown rice, mangetout, heritage cherry tomatoes and ginger salmon. Drizzle over the remaining ginger and lime sauce.
523 calories • 45g carbs • 23g fat • 37g protein
Allergens: Fish, Soya
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef