Za’atar spiced chicken, sliced and laid over nutty quinoa with sweet roasted carrots. Vibrant pomegranate seeds add colour, crunch and a sweet tang to the dish.
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 people
½ red onion
½ tbsp oil
1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
20g creamed coconut
2 tsp harissa paste
2 tsp za’atar
2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle.
2. Slice the carrots into batons and roughly chop the half red onion. Place the chicken breasts on one end of a large baking tray, sprinkle over the za’atar. Place the carrots and red onion alongside the chicken and drizzle the whole tray with ½ tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 15 mins, then drain.
4. Slice the pomegranate in half, remove the seeds and reserve.
5. Make the sauce: dissolve the creamed coconut in 30ml boiling water and stir in the sundried tomato paste and the harissa.
6. Place the quinoa in a large bowl and stir through half of the sauce, the roasted onion, carrots, pomegranate seeds and rocket. Squeeze in the juice from the half lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. Thinly slice the chicken breasts. Place the quinoa salad on two warm plates, top with the chicken slices and serve with the remaining sauce.
589 calories • 55g carbs • 19g fat • 51g protein
Allergens: Celery, Sesame, Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef