This fruity summer salad is perfect for those long evenings when you want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. The fruit keeps the salad fresh, and the chickpeas, nuts and avocado make it hearty and filling
Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
½ tsp ground cinnamon
180g Tenderstem broccoli
1 red onion
1 tsp ground cumin
240g chickpeas (drained)
25g pea shoots
2 tbsp Belazu aged balsamic vinegar (or similar)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. Slice the peach into 10 pieces, removing the stone. Trim the Tenderstem broccoli and slice any thick stalks in half lengthways. Place the peach slices and Tenderstem on a large baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place the pecans alongside on the same baking tray. Put in the oven for 12 mins or until the Tenderstem and peach slices have softened and the pecans are toasted (be careful not to burn these).
3. Thinly slice the red onion. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp oil on a medium heat and cook the red onion for 5 mins until softened.
4. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with 1 tsp oil, the ground cumin, ground cinnamon, a pinch of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper. Add the chickpeas to the red onion pan and cook for 5-7 mins until heated through and turning golden.
5. Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. To make a balsamic mustard dressing; in a small bowl, mix or whisk the aged balsamic, Dijon mustard and 1 tsp olive oil with a pinch of black pepper.
6. Place the rocket and pea shoots on two plates and top with the roasted peaches, Tenderstem, red onion, spiced chickpeas and slices of avocado. Sprinkle over the toasted pecans and drizzle over the balsamic mustard dressing.
571 calories • 64g carbs • 31g fat • 19g protein
Allergens: Mustard, Nuts, Sulphites
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef