A beautiful seasonal dish of roasted squash, broccoli and za'atar chickpeas, studded with pomegranate seeds, strewn with chopped pistachios and torn mint, and drizzled in a maple and tahini sauce.
Time: 30 minutes
180g long-stem broccoli
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp za'atar
1 tsp maple syrup
240g chickpeas (drained)
400g butternut squash
Medium handful of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
2. Slice the squash into quarters, removing the seeds. Leaving the skin on, slice the squash into 1cm thick slices. Place the squash onto a baking tray, toss with 1 tsp oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 25 mins, turning halfway through, until turning golden and softened.
3. Trim the long-stem broccoli and slice in half lengthways. Slice the pomegranate in half and reserve the seeds.
4. Place the chickpeas in a bowl with the za'atar, a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp oil and stir well, before spreading the chickpeas onto one side of a baking tray. Put the long-stem broccoli on the other side of the tray and drizzle over 1 tsp oil. Place in the oven for 15 mins.
5. Make the maple tahini dressing: in a small bowl, mix the tahini with the maple syrup, a squeeze of lemon juice (to taste) and 2-3 tsp cold water to form a smooth sauce.
6. Remove the mint leaves from the stalks and roughly tear the leaves. Roughly chop the pistachios.
7. Arrange the roasted squash, spiced chickpeas and broccoli on two warm plates and scatter over the pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and torn mint. Drizzle over the maple tahini dressing.
600 calories • 95g carbs • 20g fat • 22g protein
Allergens: Celery, Nuts, Sesame
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef