Grilled aubergine and courgettes are layered over chickpeas and cherry salsa, then drizzled with a tahini and pomegranate molasses drizzle. A delicious summer salad!
Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 people
100g fresh red cherries
1 tbsp dukkah
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp tahini
240g chickpeas (drained)
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
2 tsp cumin seeds
Medium handful of flat-leaf parsley
Medium handful of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Thinly slice the aubergine into rounds. Remove the ends of the courgette, then using a peeler, make long thin ribbons. Place in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt and mix well (to soften the courgette).
2. Place the aubergine on a baking tray, drizzle with ½ tbsp oil and then scatter with the cumin seeds. Roast in the oven for 10-15 mins or until soft.
3. Meanwhile, slice the cherries in half, removing the stones and the stalk. Finely dice the shallot. Roughly chop the parsley and mint leaves.
4. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the courgette. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the dukkah and ½ tbsp olive oil and mix well. Then add the roasted aubergine, courgette, cherries, shallot, rocket, mint and parsley. Combine and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper. For the dressing, mix together the tahini, pomegranate molasses and 1-2 tbsp water in a small bowl.
5. Spoon the roasted veggie chickpea salad onto two warm plates and drizzle over the tahini dressing. Roughly break up the walnuts and scatter over.
488 calories • 53g carbs • 28g fat • 20g protein
Allergens: Celery, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame
Recipe courtesy of Mindful Chef